- My Somerset People has been set up so people with learning disabilities living in Somerset can be supported to make their own lives more purposeful by networking in their local community
- It is free for everyone who lives in Somerset who has a learning disability, or supports someone with a learning disability.
- You can keep in contact with your family and your friends who live in Somerset, even when they are supported by a different provider.
- As the money for support packages gets tighter, it is really important people are supported to use their funding in the best way possible.
- The site has an administrator to verify members are genuine and there are individual PRE and POST moderation tools if someone needs help to stay safe online.
- Keep a diary of what you do, you can add pictures and video’s if you want to.
- Make new friends and keep in touch with other people with different providers.
- Find people who like doing the same things as you.
- Find out about activities, and things that other people are doing.
- Make your support budget go further by sharing support, transport and other costs.
- Create activities of your own and see who wants to join you!
- Keep your person centred plan in one central place and invite your services to join your circle of support.
If you think you would like to see the things you can do to make your life more interesting then please click on the register now. If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org